Welcome dear readers to my brand new series Blogging Basics!
Blogging is one of the lucrative online businesses right now. It is also one of the best ways to showcase your talent and expertise. If you are thinking to have a writing career online, your blog is the first step to show your writing skills to potential editors and publishers.
But, professional blogging is not easy. It is a full-fledged job. If you are thinking that just scribbling down some lines can make you a blogger and you can earn money, throw the thought right away. Blogging is multi-tasking job and it does not end with just jotting down some lines.
To be a professional blogger, you need an elaborate blogging plan. You need to decide what your goals are and act accordingly. If you are blogging just for fun, it’s ok. But if money is your mind, you have to be consistent and follow some steps.
If you are going to start this blogging journey, let me help! I am putting down my most informative and loved articles on blogging in this series. I have covered everything blogging basics in this series for you, dear readers.
What will you find in Blogging Basics series?
Here, you will learn how to
- Set up a blog easily
- How to choose the right niche and name for your blog
- How to write blog posts
- How to earn money from blogging
So, what are we waiting for?
Things you need to keep in mind before you start Blogging Basics
- Willingness to learn new things.
- Be persistent
- An open mind to learn some basic technical things to run the blog. (Don’t worry! It is really easy.)
- Ready to read and research
If you are brand new to blogging, download my 10-page guide to blog writing. It is written for new bloggers and it’s free!
4 things you need to start your Blogging Basics
- A domain or web address
- A web hosting account
- Fund to buy domain and web hosting
- A blogging plan (More details below!)
The first steps to start a blog
- Buy domain and web hosting (You can buy it from Hostgator | Siteground | Bluehost.)
- Install WordPress
- Change the default theme and customise it according to your need
- Link the blog with your social media
- Install required plugins (I recommend Jetpack, Akismet, YoastSEO etc)
- Write your first blog post and publish
Now, how to choose the name of your blog? How to choose the niche which will appeal to the right audience? How to know if your writing is good enough to blog? How to choose the perfect title for your blog post? What are the things you need to include in a blog post? Overall, is blogging tough? Well, I have answered all your questions in the following articles. Just click the links and go!
Important Articles for Blogging Basics
I hope this series would help you start your blog and manage it. Need some more help to organize your blogging? Download my FREE weekly blogging plan right now! Simply click the image below and boom! Your weekly blogging plan is there to grab.